- The Society for AIDS Care was established
- The Home Care Service commenced by a group of professional nurses
- The government leased the Tai Po Lookout to SAC
- Provision of hospice care service to the terminally ill patients at Lookout Residential Care Centre
- Rehabilitation Service has commenced since 1999 to improve or maintain PLWHA’s physical abilities and enabling them to develop a better quality of life and a better preparation for community re-integration
- Closure of Lookout and transformed our center based rehabilitation center in Kowloon
- Implemented “Mother-to-Child Transmission Prevention Program”, the only charitable organization to provide this service in Hong Kong.
- Moved the Day Centre to Mongkok which is a safe and cozy place where the PLWHA could feel free to visit, use the facilities and join the therapeutic programs.
- Set up Community Fundraising Team and help to promote community acceptance and AIDS related information & education in the community
- Launched the Home Base Counseling Service
- Launched HK-China AIDS Training Program
- Set-up Food Bank at Day Centre
- Launched a new school program “HEY!” (HIV/AIDS Education for Youth) for teenagers
- Dr. Andrew Yuen and Ms. Caroline Wong joined SAC as Board Directors
- Through our Mother-to Child Transmission Intervention Program, there were six babies born HIV free in that year.
- Took part in the “F2F Monthly Giving Alliance” with 19 local organizations to increase transparency of street face-to-face fund raising activity.
- All projects submitted for Lee Ka Shing Foundation “Love Ideas HK Programme” were successfully funded in which “Love@Nutritional Meals” was awarded by Mr. Lee Ka Shing personally for an extra double grant.
- Collaborated the Social Work Students Placement Training Program with School of Public Affairs, Henan Normal University.
- Since 2001, SAC experienced a 100% success rate in terms of prevention with a total of 30 babies born free of HIV today.
- To commemorate World AIDS Day, SAC invited over 6,000 people from different sectors of the community to take photo with the message “We do not discriminate against people living with HIV/AIDS” on a red ribbon to show their support.
- Granted free air time for our newly produced TV commercial from the Government Announcements in the Public Interest this year. With “invisible masks” as the theme, it aims to arouse public awareness on HIV transmission and to promote the acceptance of PLWHA.
- Produced a radio program through the Community Involvement Broadcasting Program of Radio Television Hong Kong introducing AIDS facts and developments to alleviate common misconceptions and misunderstanding.
- Kicked off the “Giving Love Campaign” in which a year round “Milk Milk Saving Bank” promotion campaign was launched for public to donate their spare changes and show their acceptance and support to people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Media interviews were conducted at the Day Center including newspaper coverage of a HIV positive mother who gave birth to a HIV free baby and a single father who takes care of his HIV positive son solely for 20 years. The touching stories attracted a lot of positive comments.
- A NowTV medical documentary covering the late stage of AIDS patients to provide public with better understanding of HIV care service in Hong Kong and the importance of maintaining good health through our holistic care model for our patients. We hoped the Government would expand more resources funding for the direct patient services.
- Organized school talks on HIV/AIDS to raise students’ concern and awareness
- 20th Anniversary of The Society for AIDS Care
- M.A.C AIDS Fund donated HK$500,000 to support activities of World AIDS Day 2014
- Assisted 32 HIV positive mothers to give birth to HIV free babies and maintained 100% success rate
- Launched the Bread Sharing Program with Foodlink
- A new mainland-based AIDS children program was launched in collaboration with the Guangxi Center for Disease Prevention and Control. The center mainly takes care of children with AIDS.
- Held the first “Superhero Run” at the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal
- Launched the “Red! Yellow! Green! We Grow! Adolescent-oriented Life Skill Education Program for local secondary school students
- A new program “Male Sexual Health” has been initiated which aim at enhancing awareness on safer sex and cultivate friendly sexual health environment for men having sex with men community.
- PLWHA Health Survey Press Conference was held to explain the consequences of delayed treatment and an AIDS patient was present to share his painful story of permanent disability due to delayed treatment.
- Launched the China-HK AIDS Professional Exchange Program
- Launched the Guangxi Family Trip
- The New Women Phone-in Hotline and Free HIV Testing Service was established. Enquiries are handled by our registered nurses and social workers.
- Joined the first Asia Pacific AIDS & Co-infections Conference 2016 as supporting organization held in Hong Kong